Bright Angel Lodge & Cabins
1890 – The Buckey O'Neill Cabin was built by William "Buckey" O'Neill on the south rim of the Grand Canyon.
1902 – The Red Horse Cabin was moved from Red Horse Ranch to the head of Bright Angel Trail to be used for guest accommodations.
1910-35 – The Red Horse Cabin serves as Post Office for Grand Canyon Village
1935 – The Bright Angel Lodge & Cabins was designed by Mary E J Colter.
1935 – Buckey O’Neill Cabin becomes part of Bright Angel Lodge & Cabins.
1935 – Red Horse Cabin becomes part of the Bright Angel Lodge & Cabins.
1935 – Present - Rooms and public areas have received numerous renovations and updates, including celling fans in the cabins. The rustic, historic nature of the lodge has been preserved.
2012 – Xanterra South Rim L.L.C.* completes restoration and rehabilitation of the “Red Horse Cabin,” the oldest building at the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park.
For more information about Bright Angel Lodge & Cabins or to make reservations please visit grandcanyonlodges.com/bright-angel or call 1.888.29.PARKS (888.297.2757).