Castle Hotel & Spa
Activities & Events
THANN™ Sanctuary Spa
Opened in June 2013, THANN Sanctuary Spa at Castle Hotel & Spa is the first of its kind in the United States.
Utilizing the art of natural therapy and awakening the senses with a unique holistic concepts, THANN offers a wide variety of luxurious treatments in a relaxing environment, known throughout Asia as an oasis of peace and tranquility.
Thoughtfully-appointed Thai furnishings are complemented with warm tones and soothing light to induce calm and tranquility within the luxurious interiors. The holistic treatment approach aims to rediscover inner physical and mental wellness offered in a wide variety of treatments including the signature massage – a deep-tissue massage using palm strokes, thumb pressure, and traditional Thai technique to relieve and heal muscular pains. The THANN signature oil blend conveys healing and reduces tension to reinvigorate and relax stress and tension.
The stunning architectural design of the spa gracefully emerges from the serene wooded landscape in a simple yet sophisticated building that utilizes stone walls and minimal exterior openings to blend with its peaceful setting. A massive stone wall guides the guest through an opening into a sheltered interior courtyard. The walls flanking the courtyard are transparent floor-to-ceiling glass creating a contrast with the solid stone wall exterior.
The THANN Sanctuary Spa offers a comprehensive menu of services as well as new and innovative treatments that include the THANN Signature Massage, Traditional Thai Massage, Revitalizing Facial, Nan Shiso Therapy, Swedish Massage, and THANN Aromatherapy Massage.
Guests of the Castle can also enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, including:
- THANN Sanctuary Spa
- Health and fitness center located in the new THANN Spa building
- Seasonal outdoor pool and whirlpool
- Bocce courts, croquet available
- Life-size, custom-designed chess set
- One-mile walking/hiking trail on property and walking and jogging paths nearby
- Golf can be arranged on world-famous local courses
- Tours of Westchester County’s museums, the graceful estate homes and sites of the Historic Hudson Valley including Kykuit, the Rockefeller estate, and historic sites such as the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, which inspired the legend of the headless horseman
- Local Hudson River Valley vineyards and popular breweries offer tours and tastings
- Westchester features some of the best shopping in the country including the nearby high-end Westchester Mall which features Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom's, Apple Store, Express, Tiffany & Co, Coach, Luis Vuitton, Burberry, and other retail stores