Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean at the heart of the Condado District of San Juan, Puerto Rico, the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel is the perfect destination for exploring the many sights and attractions of this vibrant city. With a hospitality tradition extending back to 1919, this luxury landmark is the ideal starting point to uncover this rich destination.
The ocean front Condado District features some of the most beautiful historic and luxurious homes of San Juan, and is also known for its high end shopping during the day and the epicenter of nightlife after dark. Regularly, it hosts music and culinary festivals, enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.
History and Culture
Very close by, in the heart of San Juan, culture and heritage is all around. These very near attractions might just take a day to absorb, but a lifetime to forget.
- District of Old San Juan - A historic colonial city, where the Spanish heritage from more than 400 years ago is alive and well today. Be sure to explore the “walled city” from the renowned forts in the north of the city, to the shopping and restaurant filled streets, all the way south to the piers.
- Luis A Ferré Performing Arts Center When in town, be sure to ask about any cultural events happening at what the locals refer to “Centro de Bellas Artes”, as the ballet or opera might just be in town.
- Bacardí Rum Distillery - Find out why Puerto Rico is the rum capital of the world. This very informative (and tasty) tour will uncover the proud tradition, centuries in the making.
- Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico - Some of the most magnificent collections of works from Puerto Rican masters are found here. Not to miss are its majestic gardens, uniquely landscaped, and a work of art by themselves.
Nature and Adventure
Puerto Rico is surrounded by sea, and its center is an imposing system of green mountains. Naturally, visitors can expect to find some of the most unique natural wonders in the world.
- El Yunque Rainforest - Home to many unique species of flora and fauna, the national rainforest is among the most recognized in the world. Explore its many trails and waterfalls, and even catch a glimpse of the entire eastern coast with a hike to its peak.
- Rio Camuy Caves - Located in the northwestern part of the island, this subterranean river system is the world’s third largest. Experience the rich adventure, by walking the trails in and out of the caves, while observing all the interesting rock formations and living species found within.
- Toro Negro and Toro Verde - These mesmerizing mountain peaks are among the tallest in the island, where adventure awaits in the form of hiking, rappelling, camping, and some of the most adrenaline inducing zip lining in the world.
- Bioluminescent Bays - There are very few bio luminescent bays in the world, and in Puerto Rico is home to three. Kayak and swim among the glowing water, and experience one of nature’s most fascinating and unusual light shows.
- Diving or Snorkeling Sites - This tropical island is surrounded by rich marine wildlife and complex reef ecosystems. A diving excursion to one of many amazing spots across the coasts is highly recommended. For a very satisfying, but less physically demanding experience, snorkeling in the many shallow reefs might be the perfect option.
This tropical island is home to some of the Caribbean’s most relaxing and picture perfect beaches.
- Condado and Ocean Park Beach - Adjacent to the hotel, these are the beaches where San Juan locals come to relax and mingle during the weekends. Share a cocktail or light snack in good conversation, while catching a perfect tan, just steps away from the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel.
- Luquillo Beach - In the East coast, this beautiful and popular beach is the perfect setting to relax and enjoy subtle waves and sun, after a long morning of exploring the nearby rainforest.
- Flamenco Beach - Located in the island municipality of Culebra, this picture perfect, white sand and turquoise water beach is the epitome of what a beach should be. Recognized as one of the best beaches of the Caribbean, it is truly a soothing experience.
From professional golf courses to any kind of water sport, in Puerto Rico guests will be able to stay on top of their game.
- Golf Courses - Golf has always been a popular pastime on the island, and over the years professional players have designed courses fit for professionals. Enjoy a round in one of many ocean side courses for a truly memorable and exotic golf experience.
- Wind and Kite Surfing - San Juan is home to some of the best beaches for wind and kite surfing, for pros and first timers alike. Be sure to inquire about these exciting water sports, as visitors will surely see the sails and kites in the horizon while walking the city beaches.
- Deep Sea Fishing - This historic hotel is just blocks from San Juan’s main nautical club, where experienced captains head out daily to the Atlantic and practice this elite sport. Mostly on a catch and release basis, visitors may find a Marlin on their hook. Catch a Snapper? The captain just might grill it on the boat.