Overlooking Grant Park and Lake Michigan, Hilton Chicago has served as one of the city’s most revered addresses since 1927. Meticulously redesigned and restored, this historic Beaux-Arts hotel has preserved the magnificence of its early 20th century style while incorporating all of the luxury conveniences the modern traveler has come to expect.
Appointed with over 1,500 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining options, a 16,450 square foot athletic club, and an ideal location in downtown Chicago, the Hilton Chicago is both accommodating and convenient. With a celebrated history of hosting memorable events and over 234,000 square feet of meeting and event space, this Chicago landmark is the perfect setting to create successful affairs that make a lasting impression.
In 1942, the U.S. Army purchased the hotel for $6 million for use as barracks and a Technical Training School for the Army Air Force during World War II, housing nearly 10,000 air cadets.
Original Property Opened: 1927
720 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Historic Hotels of America toll-free reservations number (800) 678-8946
The Jazz Age, 1919 ~ 1928
Overlooking Grant Park and Lake Michigan, Hilton Chicago has served as one of the city’s most revered addresses since 1927.
Learn more about the History of Hilton Chicago .