Check Availability
Modify/Cancel Reservations
More Search OptionsReturn to Check Availability Console

Omni La Mansion del Rio, San Antonio

Overview

Located in the heart of San Antonio along the banks of the historic River Walk, Omni La Mansiόn del Rio is where history comes alive. In 1852, sixteen years after the fall of the Alamo, construction began on what was originally known as St. Mary’s Institute, school for boys. As the need for education grew, St. Mary’s became a junior college and finally grew into a senior college. In 1931, the building became known as St. Mary’s University Downtown College. In 1934, the law school was set up downtown and remained on College Street until December of 1966. In 1968, La Mansion del Rio opened its doors as a luxury hotel.

Perfectly situated for any visitor seeking to explore all of San Antonio’s extensive range of tourist attractions, the Omni La Mansiόn del Rio is within walking distance of the world-famous Alamo, El Mercado, La Villita District, Spanish Governor’s Palace, San Antonio Convention Center and other well-known landmarks. Blending Spanish Colonial architecture and European style, the four-diamond hotel surrounds guests with the romance, grace and charm of a grand hacienda. La Mansiόn’s enchanting combination of Spanish Colonial Architecture, storybook settings, celebrated restaurant Las Canarias and elegant accommodations are just a few of the reasons it has been voted as one of the Top 100 Hotels and ranked number 2 of the nation’s Top 50 family-friendly hotels by Travel and Leisure.

Built in 1852 by four brothers of the Society of St. Mary, the original structure served as the 19th century home of St. Mary’s School.

Original Property Opened: 1852

Contact Information:
Street Address:
112 College Street
San Antonio, TX 78205

Historic Hotels of America toll-free reservations number (800) 678-8946

Industry & Upheaval, 1849 ~ 1859

Located in the heart of San Antonio along the banks of the historic River Walk, Omni La Mansiόn del Rio is where history comes alive. In 1852, sixteen years after the fall of the Alamo, construction began on what was originally known as St. Mary’s Institute, school for boys. As the need for education grew, St.

Learn more about the History of Omni La Mansion del Rio, San Antonio.


Book by Phone: +1 800 678 8946 Best Rate Guarantee


It appears you are using an older web browser! While using our site, you may encounter some trouble along the way. For PC users, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of Internet Explorer or Firefox. For Mac users, we recommend the latest version of Safari or Firefox.