Omni San Francisco Hotel
The Parrott Building originally stood on the site of today's Omni San Francisco, housing the San Francisco Savings Union. Built in 1852, the granite structure survived the devastating earthquake and fire of 1906. Despite its hardy exterior and foundation, the Parrott Building was found to be too small to accommodate a rapidly-growing financial community. The building was demolished in 1926.
Built on the ruins of the demolished Parrott Building, the Finance Center Building, designed by renowned San Francisco architect Frederick H. Meyer in collaboration with Albin R. Johnson, opened in 1927 on the corner of Montgomery and California in San Francisco.
Since its opening, the property has housed many different institutions, including banks and other businesses. However, by the time Omni acquired the building, it had sat empty for nearly a decade.
After Omni's purchase, the property underwent an extensive renovation to restore the property to its former grandeur and Old-World elegance. The Florentine Renaissance building reopened in February of 2002.