The Plaza features 282 exquisite guestrooms and suites, including 29 newly renovated Legacy Suites and three one-of-a-kind suites. Featuring the largest overall square footage per guestroom of any luxury hotel in New York City, each guestroom showcases beautiful French décor inspired by Louis XV. Each private bath offers a 24-carat gold-plated Sherle Wagner-designed sink and bath fixtures, the first hotel in the world to employ such amenities, and an inlaid floral wall mosaic that invokes the beauty of Central Park.
All guestrooms and suites at The Plaza come standard with the following:
- Beaux Arts-inspired décor and chandeliers
- White glove butler service on each floor
- Twice-daily housekeeping
- In-room iPad® for light and temperature control, as well as connection to hotel services
- Wireless Internet access
- High-definition video-on-demand system
- Flat-screen televisions
- 100% Italian cotton oversized towels and linens
- Signature toiletries created exclusively for the hotel
- 24-hour room service
- iLuv® stereo audio system
- Music and DVD library access
The Plaza’s residential–style Legacy Suites, designed by Alexandra Champalimaud, are tastefully appointed and pay homage to the hotel’s distinguished history while providing modern touches throughout to accommodate today’s traveler. They are perfect for a quick getaway or an extended stay and combine unparalleled luxury with attentive service. These beautifully designed suites are a true embodiment of not only the hotel but of the city itself.
The Plaza also features three stunning one-of-a-kind suites:
- The Eloise Suite, designed by fashion designer Betsey Johnson, reflects the playful and mischievous spirit of The Plaza’s most famous resident, children’s book character Eloise. Guests enjoy a pink and black décor, including a signature pink-accented Plaza chandelier, candy-striped wall panels outlined with gold leaf molding, a white zebra-print carpet, king-size bed with custom bedding depicting Eloise, padded pink headboard, and a neon light fixture featuring Eloise’s name.
- The Royal Terrace Suite is a two-bedroom duplex located on the 20th and 21st floors, with a view of the New York City skyline from the expansive private terrace. The suite also features a living room with a restored marble fireplace, dining room, butler’s pantry, powder room, and views of Central Park.
- The Royal Plaza Suite is a grand three bedroom, three bath suite overlooking Fifth Avenue and the Pulitzer Fountain. Guests enjoy a formal living room featuring a grand piano, large dining room, full kitchen, in-suite gym with state-of-the-art equipment, and private library stocked with Assouline titles. The master bedroom features a separate dressing room. All three bedrooms have seating areas.