Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, and Colonial Houses
Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection
The Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection was opened by Colonial Williamsburg in 1939 to provide comfortable accommodations for travelers to the Historic Area. From its original blue stone floors to the cypress accents and reproduction folk art, in every cozy nook and spacious expanse, the Lodge tells the story of its Virginia setting and the history of the town Rockefeller restored. Its 323 guest rooms are furnished with pieces inspired by The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation’s collections at the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum.
The Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection is all about convenience. Guests can dine at the Lodge Lounge and the Lodge Restaurant, known for its Friday Night Seafood Feast. The Lodge’s expansive property offers a state-of-the-art conference center and 45,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space. All right across the street from The Spa of Colonial Williamsburg and the Golden Horseshoe Golf Club and adjacent to the Historic Area.
Renowned as the largest living history museum in the world, Colonial Williamsburg offers visitors a taste of 18th-century life through its architecture, costumed interpreters, and historical reenactments. The Colonial Houses lie within the Historic Area, offering one-of-a-kind, 24-hour exposure to the very significant foundations of the United States. The 26 buildings with a total of 75 guest rooms that comprise the Colonial Houses are scattered among the more than 500 re-created and restored structures that make up the town, amid the taverns and shops of the 300-year-old neighborhood.
Each guestroom within the Colonial Houses is furnished with period reproductions and overlooks courtyards, gardens, or Duke of Gloucester Street, Colonial Williamsburg's main thoroughfare. Among the houses available are the Market Square Tavern and Kitchen, frequented by Patrick Henry and home to Thomas Jefferson as a law student; the Quarter, a dwelling typical of those that housed indentured servants or slaves; and the Nicholas-Tyler Office and Laundry, once owned by U.S. President John Tyler.
Guests to the Colonial Houses can be sure that there is no other lodging property in the world such as this collection of homes that America's founding families once inhabited, thus making the stay a most treasured one of a lifetime.
The Historic Area comprises some 500 reconstructions and 88 original Colonial buildings, 26 of which offer guest rooms in an unmatched historic setting.
Original Property Opened: 1750
310 South England Street
Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
Historic Hotels of America toll-free reservations number (800) 678-8946
Early Settlement, 1600 ~ 1763
Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection The Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection was opened by Colonial Williamsburg in 1939 to provide comfortable accommodations for travelers to the Historic Area.
Learn more about the History of Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, and Colonial Houses .