Receive for Free - Discover & Explore eNewsletter monthly with
advance notice of special offers, packages, and insider savings from
10% - 30% off Best Available Rates at selected hotels.
Cuba - An Extraordinary People-to-People Experience by Land & Sea
January 10, 2017 - January 19, 2017
January 19, 2017 - January 28, 2017
Be among the first U.S. travelers in over 50 years to experience Cuba while sailing aboard the exclusively chartered, three‑masted M.Y. Le Ponant beneath its 16,000 square feet of billowing white sails. This exciting 10-day program provides an unprecedented People-to-People opportunity—engaging local Cubans and U.S. travelers with one another to openly share commonalities of values and interests—in this historical moment when the countries are reshaping their future relationship. Traverse the breadth of Cuba, from Havana to Santiago de Cuba, with three nights in Havana and six nights aboard the ship, and experience firsthand the true character of the Caribbean’s largest and most complex island. See the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Old Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad and the Viñales Valley. Accompanied by experienced, English-speaking Cuban hosts, guests immerse themselves in a comprehensive and intimate travel experience that explores the history, culture, art, language, cuisine and rhythms of daily Cuban life. Interact with local Cuban experts including musicians, artists, farmers, academics and architects.
The January 19-28, 2017 tour operates in reverse
Day 1 | Depart the U.S./Arrive Havana, Cuba
Day 2 | Havana
Day 3 | Havana Pinar del Río and Viñales Valley
Day 4 | Havana/Cienfuegos/Embark M.Y. Le Ponant
Day 5 | Cienfuegos for Santa Clara
Day 6 | Trinidad
Day 7 | Cruising the Caribeean Sea
Day 8 | Santiago de Cuba
Day 9 | Santiago de Cuba for Bayamo
Day 10 | Santiago de Cuba/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S.
- Three nights in the Meliá Cohiba Hotel
- Breakfast each morning
On board the exclusively chartered,deluxe sailing ship M.Y. Le Ponant
- Six-night cruise from Cienfuegos, Cuba with port calls at Trinidad and Santiago de Cuba.
- Deluxe, ocean-view, air-conditioned Staterooms, each with private bathroom
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Flavorful French-inspired cuisine each day at single, unassigned seatings, with breakfast and lunch indoors or alfresco in the elegant Le Diamant Panoramic Restaurant, and dinner in the sophisticated, wood-paneled Karukéra Restaurant.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages served throughout the cruise
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment
Exclusive Local People-to-People Hosted Excursions and Cultural Enrichments
- Walking tour of Old Havana, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and discussion with local architects and architectural restoration scholars to learn about the preservation and evolution of art and architecture in Havana.
- Visit to former residence of Ernest Hemingway
- Exclusive transfer in a private, antique American-made car along the Malecón and in Old Havana.
- Excursion into Pinar del Río’s UNESCO World Heritage-designated Viñales Valley for a discussion with a tobacco farmer,including a cigar-rolling demonstration and refreshments with his family, and to a farm for an interactive tour of organic crops.
- Conversation with elder Cubans in a typical community senior citizens’ center, Casa de Abuelos, in Santa Clara.
- In Trinidad, visit to the Casa Chichi
- Pottery workshop to observe pottery being made in a traditional way.
- Music performance by and discussion with musicians from the Palenque de los Congos Reales in Trinidad.
- Walk with a local historian in the colonial city of Trinidad, a UNESCO World Heritage site, where Cuba’s colorful history lives on in its 16th‑century architecture.
- Informative walk through the soulful town of Santiago de Cuba with a local historian to learn about their extensive restoration efforts.
- Full-day visit to Bayamo, Cuba’s second oldest city, founded in 1513.
Charter air Miami/ Havana and Santiago de Cuba/Miami is available at an additional cost
*Tour price is per person, based on double occupancy (approximate land/cruise only). Prices are subject to change.
Terms & Conditions
The Travel Program outlined here is subject to the features, final pricing and terms and conditions set forth in the published Travel Program brochure. Upon receipt of the published Travel Program brochure, you will be given 10 days to reconfirm your reservation, at which time any deposit(s) will become subject to cancellation fees.