After being closed for more than a year, two of the largest and most historic Hilton properties reopened in downtown Chicago this week. The 1,544-room Hilton Chicago and 1,641-room Palmer House, a Hilton Hotel are welcoming back just in time for Palmer House’s 150th anniversary.
Palmer House first opened on September 26, 1871. The hotel began as an extravagant wedding gift from Potter Palmer to his bride, Bertha, and was immediately regarded as one of the most luxurious hotels in Chicago. Just 13 days after its grand opening, Palmer House was destroyed by the Great Chicago Fire and was later rebuilt by founder Potter Palmer.
Read the complete article here.